[roc-chat] Re: Shock cord attachment advice

  • From: R Dierking <applerocketry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 15:17:40 -0800

Jack did you mean the motor will not be ejected with the Aeropack?  :-)

Also, I'm trying to follow this; is the rocket 54 mm minimum diameter, or a 38
mm mount like a stock Vulcanite?

From: jackgaribaldi@xxxxxxx
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: Shock cord attachment advice
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 14:21:16 -0800

No worries just remember if you choose the Aeropack retainer you cannot use
motor ejection any more in that rocket so you also could glue another centering
ring in like a 54mm with a 29mm hole on top of your other one with an eyebolt
in it too Jack G From: roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 2014-01-03 17:53, Dave M wrote:
> I have a 2.1" diameter Vulcanite that was built per LOC directions where
you glue a loop of string down inside the aft tube and then attach the
elastic cord. This worked a few times until the elastic cord snapped in two.
I replaced the elastic with a Kevlar cord and it worked great. However, I
noticed later that one side of the loop of sting that was glued inside the
tube had almost broke free (the glue had separated from the tube). I've
never built a minimum diameter rocket, but I'm thinking there are better
ideas than this to attach the shock cord. Are the min diameter rockets using
a piston design i.e. PML? The centering ring for these rockets are too small
to make any kind of attachment.