[roc-chat] GPS Tracking

  • From: "Mike Ostby" <mdostby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 20:07:05 -0800

I believe I've read things, possibly on TRF, regarding GPS tracking and
metallic paint.  Specifically that the paint interferes with the GPS signal.
What experiences has anyone had or what knowledge can anyone share regarding
this?

I am planning to use a Garmin Astro in my L3 nose cone.  The fiberglass nose
will NOT be painted with a metallic paint but rather just regular Rustolium,
primed with Kilz.  However, I would like to paint the 10 foot body with
Rustolium Metallic Pearl White.

I guess on the same note..does metallic paint interfere with RF signals?

Thanks in advance for any info people may share!

Mike Ostby