[roc-chat] Re: ROC's September Launch is this Saturday

  • From: Richard Dierking <redierking@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 03:18:47 +0000

Cool, I'll bring my sweater and ski jacket for camping on Friday.  BTW:  Now,
we'll have to see what the temperatures are really like. Richard Date: Wed, 7
Sep 2011 19:12:31 -0700
From: derbas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: ROC's September Launch is this Saturday

    On 9/7/2011 6:43 PM, Greg Lyzenga wrote:

    I think you may have been right the first time.  The Lucerne weather
    is often 'related' to weather in Big Bear, and we're expecting a low
    of 38 on Saturday...

    David Erbas-White

      Hmmm... Perhaps you guys have a point...  I got my Apple
        Valley forecast from Intellicast and it may be bogus.  I'm now
        seeing that other forecasts are at least 10 degrees hotter.  So
        make that "highs in the mid 90's" and "lows in the mid 60's".
        Seems more reasonable!

                 -Greg

        Gregory A. Lyzenga    <lyzenga@xxxxxxx>
        Dept. of Physics, Harvey Mudd College            (909)
          621-8378
        Claremont, CA 91711-5990                       mobile (626)
          808-5314

        On Sep 7, 2011, at 6:34 PM, Greg Lyzenga <lyzenga@xxxxxxx>
        wrote:

          I'm not sure if you guys are joking, but the forecast is
            legit.  For the record, the forecast I was looking at was
            for Apple Valley, CA not Lucerne.  Saturday and Sunday are
            supposed to be substantially cooler than today.

                     -Greg

            Gregory A. Lyzenga    <lyzenga@xxxxxxx>
            Dept. of Physics, Harvey Mudd College            (909)
              621-8378
            Claremont, CA 91711-5990                       mobile
              (626) 808-5314

            On Sep 7, 2011, at 5:52 PM, "Rick Dickinson" <rtd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
            wrote:

            Make sure you look up Lucerne Valley, CA.  There is a
              Lucerne, CA in Northern CA, and their weather is
              significantly different...