[roc-chat] Re: Hybrid support

  • From: Mike & Nancy Kramer <kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2014 15:30:45 -0800

last time I looked at the clubs GSE was a few years ago at that time it needed some fixes. If I remember right, some of the fittings didn't have the correct pressure ratings.

I'm not sure if anyone has taken a good look at it since then to make sure it is ready to fly.

Aluminum NOX bottles have a 5 year inspection cycle before they need to be hydro tested, I think steel tanks are on the same cycle. Hydro cost $35 where I take my bottle (actually it is being tested this week) plus I think he is up to $3.50 lb for fills. Once you hydro might as well fill it.

Not sure about the Hypertek Fill  / GOX / high voltage setup.

Mike Kramer

On 1/1/2014 2:00 PM, Mike Riss wrote:
There is Hybrid GSE in our storage container. About the only thing missing are the fill stems for Hypertek motors.

Mike

P.S. Unknown is the certification status of the NOX and GOX bottles, nor their fill state. Also, I don't recall if there's a specific battery for at the pad.

*From:* Peter Grace <pcg@xxxxxxx>
**
I am wondering if the club has GSE for Hybrids.
It would be good if the club had some. I wonder how many folks in ROC fly hybrids.