[roc-chat] Re: Hybrid support

  • From: R Dierking <applerocketry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 09:44:21 -0800

Will do.  I'm going to weigh the tanks, look for certification dates, and
determine ownership.

Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 23:02:44 -0800
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: Hybrid support
From: lakestake@xxxxxxxxx
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Take a look at the GSE, if it is as reporting in need of TLC bring it on out.

Matt

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 6:23 PM, R Dierking <applerocketry@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Matt:

I will be going by the ROC storage and hauling the trailer to the lakebed on
Friday.  Would you like for me to bring the tanks and hybrid GSE equipment to
the lakebed?

Richard

Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 16:28:06 -0800
From: lakestake@xxxxxxxxx
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Mike,

I have the Hypertek fill stems - cleaned, repaired and ready for action.

A minor correction to Greg's statement above:  I purchased, maintained,
schleped, repaired and tutored on the club's GSE for 3 years.  It was
faithfully available at every launch unless the launch was cancelled.

Last I checked the GSE was in full operational condition and was removed from
the trailer and available on request as part of the lightening project.

I can pick up the GSE at the next launch for a checkout and cleaning or we can
do that at the next trailer cleaning.

The state of the club nitrous is an administrative question.  With mistakes at
the pad or on the launch controller there is no good way to pay for the nitrous
used in a flight.  The club does not have the organization or manpower to
provide nitrous as a service let alone the permits, licenses and insurance.
The best way to fly is to find a mentor who can help you get started.

I have four hybrid motors prepped and ready to fly but have not finished the
fins on the 2 rockets to house them for the weekend.

See you all flying!

Matt

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Mike Riss <rockt_dude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There is Hybrid GSE in our storage container.  About the only thing missing are
the fill stems for Hypertek motors.

Mike

P.S.  Unknown is the certification status of the NOX and  GOX bottles, nor
their fill state.  Also, I don't recall if there's a specific battery for at
the pad.

     From: Peter Grace <pcg@xxxxxxx>

I am wondering if the club has GSE for Hybrids.It would be good if the club had
some. I wonder how many folks in ROC fly
 hybrids.