[roc-chat] Re: Dr. Rocket Hardware

  • From: Rick Dickinson <rtd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 17:01:27 -0800

A long as he plays by the rules, he's welcome at our launches. He's not a
member of TRA or NAR, so no HPR.... If he wants to come out and fly model
rockets with AeroTech, Estes, or Quest certified model rocket motors, I have no
problem with that.

Heck, if he wants to get a business license and BLM permit, and sell his model
rocket kits on site, that's cool too. But, we're not likely to take anything on
faith; he'll need to show us the permit.

I finally got a chance to meet him a few years ago at LDRS 29. He's a very
personable guy. I wouldn't mind spending some time shooting the bull and
telling rocketry stories around a campfire with him. I'm sure he'd be a great
storyteller....

Of course, I'd never do business with him on any basis other than cash in hand
for merchandise in hand, and only for things like kits and parts that don't
require any sort of permits, etc. His reputation precedes him, after all.

Cheers,

Rick Dickinson

Troy Monroe Stacey <tstacey001@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Did Jerry Irvine and U.S. Rockets stop being dirty words?
>
>    -Troy   =)
>
>Sent from Troy's iPhone
>

>---------------------
>

>On Dec 15, 2012, at 3:59 PM, Eric Williams
><erichunterwilliams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Thanks to all who responded! Here's what I have left for anyone
>interested:
>>
>>> Here are the goods: (pics are available if requested)
>>>
>>> 1 - Aerotech 29/40-120 hobbyline motor
>>>
>>> 1 - D.R. 29/240 motor (anodizing a little worn, but otherwise fine
>shape)
>>>
>>> 1 - D.R. 38/1080 case
>>>
>>> 1 - D.R. 38mm aft closure
>>>
>>> 1 - D.R. 38mm Millenium (Blue/Purple) fwd closure
>>>
>>> and for any EXers...
>>>
>>> 1 - U.S. Rockets 54mm 3200N/s-ish motor (30" long case, ~27-28"
>propellant length) with 2 graphite throat inserts
>>>
>>> Merry Christmas,
>>
>> -Eric
>>

>> --

Sent using the electronic equivalent of finger paint. Please excuse my brevity
and misteaks.