[roc-chat] Re: Clarification

  • From: "Chris Coffee" <chris_coffee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 17:11:39 -0700

Carlo, I just downloaded the new version of OpenRocket and it seems to be much
better than before. Thanks again.

          From: Jeff Gortatowsky <indanapt@xxxxxxxxx>
          To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Date: Saturday, May 25, 2013, 12:22 PM

          Chris I have always used average thrust. But Carlo is right. The
first second of thrust appears to be about 45 or so pounds of thrust. That is a
guess from looking at the ROCKSIM graph on thrustcurve.org.

          I have a rocket at 6.5 pounds, and an I100 with a 5 ft guide reaches
41 ft/sec at guide departure (according to RS). I consider anything above 35 to
ft/sec fine under normal conditions. (I have gone as low as 28 to 30 tho some
say that is too slow. But on a calm day I've done it.)

          Jeff Gortatowsky, Redondo Beach, CA | Twitter: JeffGortatowsky |
Yahoo: indanapt
          "(Scientific) Skepticism is not a set of beliefs, it is a set of
methods for asking questions about reality." -- Doctor Steven Novella