[riseholmebees] Happy New Year - get the buzz

  • From: "Dave Leighton" <leighton.family@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <riseholmebees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:35:46 -0000

This is the first time I've tried this. so hope it works!

The following reminder came to us via the Lincoln District Beekeeping
Association, I wondered if any of you were intending to go along, if you are
not already a member it might be a good opportunity to see if Lincoln
District is the one for you!

I thought I might go along (Dave will be working!) but I am happy to collect
anyone on the way if they would like to go (Vanessa?)

Wed 13th Jan. 7.30pm  Bracebridge Heath Village Hall. Ben Crabb, Lecturer at
Riseholme Campus of Lincoln University. The Riseholme beekeeping project.

This is a gentle reminder that we are still hoping that the LDBKA meeting on
Wednesday 13th will go ahead. Ben Crabb from Riseholme has agreed to give an
illustrated talk on The Riseholme Beekeeping project. There will obviously
also be an opportunity to catch up on how our bees are coping so far with
the Arctic conditions, and meet some more of our newish beekeepers.

Our bees are humming gently to themselves when we checked last week and
still stinging Dave until about a month ago!  With the amount of feeding we
did in the Autumn, it seems they really did know all about this wintery
period.  Fingers crossed they survive.

Happy New Year to you all

Jane (&Dave)