[riscos-printing] Re: Text printing?

  • From: Chris Newman <cvjazz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 15:57:57 +0000 (GMT)

On 06 Mar, Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 6 Mar 2010  C J Craig <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Hi

> > I previously used !Uniprint until my PC came to a sticky end.
> > I have successfully instaled Guttenprint & can print colour pictures,
> > but had forgotten it did not support text printing (from likes of
> > Messenger & StrongEd) Is there away around this?

> > I have Iyonix, Printers 1.72, Epson Stylus Photo R 340. I have some
> > vague memory of doing this before with a RPC & installing an earlier
> > Epson driver for printing text. I don't seem to have any standard
> > drivers left anywhere.

> Not a straight answer, but if you have the latest StrongED (4.68) you
> can set this to use graphics printing of text files.

> With best wishes,

> Peter.
For some reason I haven't got time to fathom out, this came into my normal
mail box instead of being filtere into the riscos-printing box so this may go
direct to you off-line.

Ian Hamilton's app Print Spooler will support text printing on many printers
that fall down on this when using Guttenprint. I did it with my HP G55.

http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Hope this helps.

--
Chris Newman