[riscos-printing] Re: Text printing?

  • From: Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 07:35:12 +0000 (GMT)

In article <3074daf350.Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   C J Craig <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <50f3d70decIan_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In article <bd54d6f350.Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> >    C J Craig <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > [Snip] Text printing on graphic printers

[Snip] Using PrintSpool for text printing

> >> Should both global & local be set to 96/1/20. I have set both & it
> >> seems to work.

> > 'Global' settings are used for any printer that doesn't have 'local'
> > settings configured. For a USB2 printer those settings are fine. For
> > older printers on USBtoParallel cables it's usually better to use a
> > lower buffer size.

>  Have I got a good setup for speed?

Yes.

> Are any of the Iyo ports faster for printing,

No. As long as you don't have the printer plugged into a USB1 hub it
should run the same wherever it is plugged in.

> I am trying to print a photo 1280x940 pix from Photodesk2. on A4 paper

> Bit Image Printer Config (In Printers)

[Snip]

I cannot comment on the GP settings.

> Print quality is quite good but there are fine white lines across
> picture about 6mm apart. The printer seems to pause between each
> stroke.

> Thanks in anticipation!

If you have set 'Simultaneous printing to local devices' in PrintSpool
switch it off as it can transfer print faster than the print is created.

You could reduce the 'Centisecond pause between tries' to 10 although I'm
not sure it will make much difference. If you use the 'Monitor function'
or logging you can see the various buffer transfers. You can email me if
you need more help with PrintSpool.

HTH,
Ian

--