[retrochallenge] Re: Entry forms are now posted!

  • From: "Goodwin, Greg P." <GoodwinG@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <retrochallenge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 13:40:41 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: retrochallenge-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:retrochallenge-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Byron Q. Desnoyers
Winmill
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 9:16 AM
To: retrochallenge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [retrochallenge] Re: Entry forms are now posted!

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 08:03:30AM -0500, Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:
> Just posted my form.  Truly a lot of fun.  :)  (might have forgotten
> one bit... any way we can change what we entered?)

Just contact me off list, and I'll change the database entry.

>>     What is that E-mail again?

> The last month was fun though.  Did a lot with the Atari online
> community, getting more into the BBS's they have running on Atari 8-bits
> and ST's over telnet.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed it.  I'm sure that the discussions
were a huge motivator during the competition.  Hum.  Perhaps I
should track a few of those BBSes down. :)

>>    Ok some that come to mind immediately...

These are all telnet...

bfbbs.no-ip.com       Boot Factory      Atari 8-bit BBS
www.family-bbs.org      Family-Net BBS    Not Atari, newsgroups, telnet out
216.62.209.217          Prison Board      Not Atari, but E-mail, telnet out
cstation.ipforward.com  Collin County     "  ", but legend of red dragon!!
cth.dtdns.net           Closer to Home    Atari 8-bit BBS
TCPIPExpress.dyndns.org:8888              "Inside Atari 8-bit"
atari-bbs.kicks-ass.net MouseNet          Atari, not sure if this is up.
thecafe.dtdns.net:8888  The Café BBS      Atari 8-bit
24.177.23.74            DarkForce BBS     Atari ST (hit return...)
bbs.coldwinterknights.net Cold Winter..   Atari ST (New!)

-=-=-

It's great to hear that you enjoyed it.  I'm sure that the discussions
were a huge motivator during the competition.  Hum.  Perhaps I
should track a few of those BBSes down. :)

>      I tended to go out and visit more though.  Read more books and
> newspapers, it was a good simple month.

Yeah, I've noticed that about modern computers too: they dominate
our time at the cost of other stuff.  That's probably why I think
the modern computer has more in common with the TV than it's
ancestors.

Byron.