[regional_school] Re: New Term - New Chance to Offer Hope to Our Students

  • From: Dan Drmacich <dandrmacich123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Regional School <regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bolgen Vargas <bolgen.vargas@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Jose Cruz <countyleg@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Malik Evans <mightymalik@xxxxxxx>, Mary B Adams <maryb_adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Melisza Campos <meliszacampos@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Van White <van.white@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Willa Powell <wpowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Anthony Bottar <RegentBottar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Betty Rosa <RegentRosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Charles Bendit <RegentBendit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Christine Cea <RegentCea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Geraldine Chapey <RegentChapey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Harry Phillips III <RegentPhillips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, James Cottrell <RegentCottrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, James Dawson <RegentDawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, James Jackson <RegentJackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, James Tallon <RegentTallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kathleen Cashin <RegentCashin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Lester Young <RegentYoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Merryl Tisch <RegentTisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, NYS Regents Office <regentsoffice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Regent Brown <regentbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Robert Bennett <RegentBennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Roger Tilles <RegentTiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Wade Norwood <regentnorwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 17:05:29 -0400

This reflects, pretty much, the way that School Without Walls runs. Their
data & that of other NYS Consortium Schools is fantastic. I wonder why the
RCSD & other NYS urban districts do not seek to create more schools like
it. They would not have to be duplicates, but reflective of its main
principles. I've copied in the RCSD BOE & the NYS Board of Regents & will
be looking for a reply to share.

Dan