[realmusicians] Re: O.t but need your help

  • From: "Ramy Moustafa" <moshtaqlealganna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 13:18:13 +0200

thanks allot for your answers

----- Original Message ----- From: "D!J!X!" <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 7:35 AM
Subject: [realmusicians] Re: O.t but need your help

In sleep mode the computer is not shut down completely, what it does is
shut everything down, but it keeps a small amount of power going to the
motherboard and ram, which keeps all your currently opened programs and OS
files on RAM, when it wakes up it just turns everything back on, since the
files are still in ram as they were before, you can continue to use your
computer normally.
When your computer shuts down, it does turn everything off including the
ram, but the motherboard still uses a small amount of power. This power as I explained in my reply to Joe's message, is used to turn on the computer when you press the power button, or to turn it on using wakeup on lan feature...
So even when shutdow the computer still requires some power, normally it's
used from the AC outlet, but if you are only using the battery, then this
power will be drawn from the battery... There's nothing wrong with your
battery and/or computer,"standby" mode, where a small amount of power is
consumed...

HTH, D!J!X!