[realmusicians] DJX, Partitioning After XP Installation?

  • From: Indigo <33indigo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 22:58:30 -0500

DJX, I couldn't cope with setting up a partition for XP during installation, and; afterward; I needed to test everything to make sure it all could work on that computer, before its return period ran out. Everything does work okay, the Emu PCIE soundcard is working, I've already done most of configuring for a daw. Now, if it isn't too much of a hassle, I'd like XP in its own partition, and a couple of other partitions for saved data, loops, samples, and such stuff. I've previously used DiskPart without much effort, and I think XP's Disk Manager can also create partitions, even logical drives. Do I need to image already installed software onto the partition I want it on, or is there some way in DiskPart or Disk Manager to select the already installed software to go into a particular partition? I'd rather not un install and re install things like the sound card's software, now that the sound card is up and working correctly.

Thanks for any tips,
Indigo L