[real-eyes] Re: the cover letter

  • From: "Nancy Lynn" <freespirit52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 11:13:04 -0600

That should work.
Sincerely,
Nancy J. Lynn
----- Original Message -----
From: "& Ruthie" <chaosynchronous@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2007 10:13 AM
Subject: [real-eyes] the cover letter

Thanks to you guys for this...Reggie, and Jose can ignore it, grin.
Dear Mr. Carver,

I am very interested in the opportunity to provide a company I love and
respect with the knowledge and skills I possess in the position of a
Technical Support
Representative.  I have been using Freedom Scientific products as my primary
means of accessing computer systems for six and a half years and as my
primary
means of reading printed material for nearly that.  While my knowledge of
other Freedom Scientific products is not as developed, I am a fast learner
and
have highly developed research skills.

I have held two separate jobs for which I was solely responsible for making
sure that the software used for the job was accessible, not only to myself,
but to all other blind employees as well.  When I began using Jaws for
Windows, I was given simple instruction, only the information I would need
to start,
edit and save a word document.  In the six and a half years since this very
basic instruction, I have taught myself many things, including editing
configuration
files, createing and editing frames, and creating basic scripts in order to
make programs that are marginally accessible straightforward for users of
all
skill levels.

For years now, I have received emails and phone calls from people that need
help with their screenreader, OCR or other accessibility software and
hardware.
They know that even if I do not use a product, I know how to find the
answers they need.  And while this has been enjoyable for me, I would
greatly appreciate
the opportunity to help these people on a professional basis.

While technical skill is probably the most important facet of this position,
interpersonal
communication necessary to effectively assist customers with technical
issues that they find to be complicated and frustrating.  With my previous
experience
dealing with patients of a local VA hospital combined with my commitment to
do the very best by every customer I may come in contact with, I believe I
have the skills necessary to handle caller concerns from the mundane to the
bizarre.

Please feel free to contact me using the above information if you have any
questions.

Sincerely,

Ruthanna Clark

Ruthie &

  Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

MSN Messenger ID:  ruthie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AOL and Yahoo Messenger ID:  chaosynchronous