[rbp-vienna] Summary of meeting yesterday evening

  • From: Manuel Bernhardt <bernhardt.manuel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rbp-vienna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 11:07:44 +0200

Hi all,

we had a nice meeting yesterday evening, here is the summary of what
we came up with:

== general plan

The idea is to start in Vienna in the afternoon and then go to
Bratislava all together, with the train and try to have Rudi
blindfolded and possibly not hearing the announcement of where we go

Something along the lines of:

3pm: fetch Rudi at his place and then go to either the Stadtpark and
have a beer there (some "high quality" austrian beer names were
suggested, I can't recall them though), or go to the Salmbräu (not too
far) and have a quick beer there (but not sitting down)

16:20: be in the vicinity of the Ronacher theatre in the 1st district
16:30: maybe, if Stefan Ottinger's girlfriend manages, have an actor
of a musical come out during the 15 min break they have and sing
something whilst Rudi has to perform one part of the show
17:20: take the train to Bratislava at the Hauptbahnhof
18:27: arrival at Bratislava HL
19:something: go to a restaurant somewhere which has a reservation

Then we can have some bars planned, but without a fixed time nor
reservation, we should see how the evening unfolds.

We also asked ourselves whether we want this to be a party that is
mean to the bachelor or nice to the bachelor, I don't think we had a
final answer, but I would say we can have something in between :)

== way back
I will call the Taxi company in Bratislava, and try to find out
whether they are flexible with timing. If not then we have to decide,
either we take the train back (but that means we leave at 4:something,
so that may be rather late), or we e.g. say we want to take a taxi at
a specific time, and I guess even if we are late some minutes they
would not mind that too much.

== money

We said we'd just cash in e.g. 50€ each so that there is no
interruption in the evening.
However I made some maths, and it turns out that if we take train +
taxi, and considering the things to buy & not knowing the prices in
Bratislava, this may not be sufficient, esp. since we are in effect 9
to pay (since we pay for Rudi).
I had assumed we were 11, but re-counting everyone, we will only be 10 in total.

This is to say, we likely need around 60€ / person. I will call Marian
and see what the prices are like in Bratislava these days.

One thing I don't have at all in the calculations is the strip club as
I am entirely unaware of prices. Hence I would keep that off-budget,
and then see if we get into one etc.

==  games

We brainstormed a bit and came up with:

- football quizz game, for Rudi only answering
- coding on paper: given the high academic levels of abstraction Rudi
works with, he should have no trouble solving something on paper,
rather than on a computer :) I guess Filip and I could come up with
something makumba-related to put that into the mix
- continuous game: gather 10 pictures with Rudi and girls that look like Diana
- selling stuff:
  - shots / "Klopfer"
  - Jägermeister
  - burning Manner
  - "Kaltwachsstreifen", i.e. the thing that girls use to remove hair.
Selling this means whomever buys it can choose a part of Rudi to pick
it on, and get the hair off.
- collecting stuff: female underwear, etc.

Unresolved:
- we need some kind of support for exposing the things to sell, and
with the prices on it. But maybe Luka, Filip and I can build that on
saturday morning.

== TODOs

- Manfred: prepare the football quizz game
- Manfred: print a picture of Diana
- Christoph: get the red stuff for the hair (no idea where is it
possible to find that?)
- manu: call Marian, for reserving a restaurant, and generally give
advice on bars and stuff
- manu: buy stuff: shots, jägermeister, burning Manner, the painful thing, etc
- manu: call taxi service
- ???: buy train tickets in advance?? or we just buy them on the spot,
but then have to be there a bit in advance, and hope there will be
enough of them
- ???: something to blindfold Rudi, any volunteer?

== Misc

We discussed means to have Rudi not hear the train announcements. One
idea was to buy one of those ear protection things they use in the
construction field, should be around 10-15€, and additionally have
small in-ear earphones where we can put music on, when there is an
announcement. Or just shout randomly when there is an announcement to
cover it :)

So what do you think?

manu