[ratpack] Re: quiet in here

  • From: humminboid@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:13:17 +0000 (UTC)

Good pixes! It would be nice to take photos without all the interruptions and
and their offspring getting in the way.  What did you do to the '10 Lincoln?
Looks almost as if it was on a turntable, with a long exposure, but, I don't
see a turntable.

The ghost images in the long exposures are not all that distracting.

I tried some Strobist equipment, and ran into a problem I have never
experienced before. I hooked my flash and camera up with the 33 foot Ittl cord,
and it worked fine, but something  would activate my flash at irregular
intervals..without me handling the camera!

 I'd never had that happen before, and it does not ever happen with my Nikon
sync cord.  I figure it is  due to the electronic wizardry in the flash or
camera, but, I don't know what.  So, back it goes.

Also purchased 2 "Universal translators", which are glorified hot shoes,
supposed to sync my camera to a manual flash through a mono audio patch
cable whem using the manual function.

Same thing:  It worked, but the flash would fire at irregular intervals.
Spooky!

 I tried my SB 600, the Sunpak 433D ,and the Quantaray 383, with the same
result.  Hmmmm...I'm not really knowledgeable about electronics, and if
something doesn't work as advertised, can't troubleshoot it. Sooooo...back it
will go.

Up, fighting a cold. Drat!

Time to get medicated  again, and see if I can catch some more

Zs  before I have to go to class.

Later; C..

Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 17:42:04 -0700
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I've been up to my eyeballs in web support/design/administration.  That just
means that I've been sitting at my computer for way too many hours wondering
how things got so screwed up.  :)

Mustang and other photos here:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/cruisin/cruisin2010/20100115/oneeach/1001150007.html

I thought I was retired.  No, I'm just tired.

RtR

At 06:26 PM 1/21/2010, you wrote:

the pack has been quiet i haven't gotten anything recently

Ray did you take any shots of the new mustang