[ratpack] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Mark Smith <muttley128@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rat Pack <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 21:42:31 -0600

AletaVery nice photo.What is the macro lens you have. I like the look it
givesHope this finds you and yours all well.
So i get home from work and look for the falcon. There it is!By the time i go
everything set up on the camera it was gone.
I now have the camera sitting on the tripod in the closet waiting for the
little bugger.I hope this weekend i will get some with the light right, not
behind it.
Good nite all

From: alboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:17:45 -0600
Subject: [ratpack] Re: (no subject)

Mark,Try the lenses at Pictureline.  The one I rented from Pictureline was the
3 or 400??, don't remember.Canon EF 400mm f2.8L IS USM  day rental - $80. $300
is $50.  but I got some amazing photos at angles I'll never be able to get
otherwise, and there are Nikon and Hassleblad lenses as well, of course.Rent on
a Saturday and you may get Sunday free, if my memory serves.
It was best quality, and that was the best part, really CLEAR all the way to
the edges, and I got some mustangs in the attitudes photos with details I
couldn't believe.I'll never buy one, so it was a perfect memory;  birthday
present, Jim had to help me carry the lens around, it was so big.
This year's purchase was a macro lens, and I'm happily taking shots of the
local pastries for a shop here, picking up some part time work by doing their
email newsletter.and yes, I do get to eat some of the subjects, and they're
even better than they look.
al

On Mar 13, 2011, at 4:05 PM, muttley128@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:What a day. Went out
back and what did I see?   The kestral falcon is back. Now has anyone rented a
lens. What focal length you think would be best? My 70-200 just doesnt get
close enough.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone