[ratpack] Re: When I want your opinion I'll ask for it...

  • From: Aleta Boyce <alboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 13:43:25 -0600

As an artist, I like it very much.  It shows that the photography is part of the process, and isn't flat, just because of the ghost images.
The texture and contrast are great, and personally I love headlight flares.
Colors and texture are awesome, composition is good,   a little too heavily tilted for my taste, but I still like it a lot.

and yes, it does break the rules of racing photography a bit, but all good artists break the rules sometimes.

al

On Jul 15, 2010, at 10:21 PM, Michael Wells wrote:

All,

My dad used to say to me 'When I want your opinion I'll ask for it...' well I'm asking for your opinion. I'm attaching a photo that I personally like, in fact I have a 12x24 print of it in my cubical at work. It goes against many of the rules of photography but beauty is in the eye... I like the star effect from the head lights as well as the ghost lights, which I believe are a reflection from my filter, any how, I like the reflection of the clouds off the front cowling and windshield and the dark green against the gray of the pavement.

So let me know what you think, maybe I'm alone on this one.

Dr Z

--
Dr. Z
aka Michael Wells