[ratpack] Weekend off - pics

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:31:03 -0600

Saturday was a full day. I started out by making a parts run to
Bloomingdale, to get a new plastic drive gear for the garage door opener. I
have not greased it in 10 years. I guess it didn't like that heavy particle
board door we just replaced with a lighter insulated one, or the fact that I
didn't know you should grease the opener every year. Anyway, it's working
again. Got it all done by noon Saturday.

I got a $30 gift card from the boss for Turtle Wax Car wash, and was headed
out to get the Monte Waxed when I put it in reverse, and nothing....... I
guess the small drip from the poor seal at the shift lever caught up with
it. A quart of fluid fixed it, after a drive around the block and a bunch of
gear switching. I am not real confident about it for the long run. Good
thing I still have a spare transmission in the garage. If it has to be
swapped out, it's going to be a project for the High School Auto Shop. I
can't do the heavy stuff any more.

I did make it to get the wax job, and the kids at the car wash loved it.
"How fast will this thing go?" was the first question. "It's fast" was all I
gave them. Their modern Hundai may handle better but there is just no
substitute for the look, sound, and feel of an old Monte with a noisy V8.
Now that it's waxed, at least the salt will rinse off a little easier. I
love this winter beater!

Got a picture from a friend from the Lion's Club Christmas Party event. It's
a keeper. So's Cindy! It was all we could do to keep smiling for the third
pic. (He was having some trouble, but takes some great shots) His name is
Scott Lebin see more at: http://slebin.zenfolio.com/

Now I am going to (try to) finish putting 2 registers of checks in the Quick
Books to get ready for the tax appointment on Tuesday. Just putting it off
.... till now. Got to take a break once in a while!

JC

---
John Christensen
Saint Charles, IL