[ratpack] Re: Sensor cleaning

  • From: "Larry Knight" <Larry.Knight@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 08:22:22 -0700

Hi John,

Last year I had spots on my sensor (put there by Nikon's repair shop). I
took it in to a local camera store and they cleaned it, but they showed
me a neat way to check if the spots are gone, or if they are on the lens
(besides changing lenses that is)( and they also said, it is almost
always the sensor unless you spill chili on your lens).

Find a white wall with no seams or marks on it, set your exposure to
about 4 seconds, press the button and keep the camera in constant motion
to blur the picture. When you look at your blurry picture the only thing
that will be in focus are the spots on the sensor. It worked for me the
next time I got spots on the senor, but my in camera vibration cleaner
took care of those.

Anyway just a thought.

Larry