[ratpack] Insomnia can be fun...I think

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 05:42:05 -0700

Since I was awake, anyhow, I thought I'd test some stuff with the 7D. I had a hell of a time with it at the Auto Expo. I got enough good shots to put on my server as "the first shoot of the year" but there were enough non-keepers to be frustrating. Here's the url for what I have on the server now: http://www.chevyasylum.com/cruisin/cruisin2010/Welcome.html The format of that will change asap cuz I've come up with another hare-brained scheme for a navigation schema. More news as it happens.

The attached photo is one of the "usual suspects"...that is from my front window (Weather Window.) That seems to be a "constant" I use for testing one thing or another. One of the things I tested this morning was the ISO 6400 setting. Man! Talk about grainy! On that image, I just cropped a little and resized it for web posting.This thought struck me: (Whap!) The shot may be grainy, but it serves the purpose of providing a 3.2 second exposure (at f22) rather than 30 seconds at 800 ISO.

I think I may have played around with the 7D to feel slightly confident with it...except for flash photography. I need to work on that a bit....uhhh...no, a lot.

Since I'm not the most lucid of creatures at the moment (totally exhausted but can't sleep) I'm just gonna close this out and see if I can put a dent in the huge "to do" list.

One quick thing: I may have an inside track to get FIM credentials for the Superbike race. I'm not sure yet, but it looks promising.

RtR