[ratpack] Another morning adventure...

  • From: Michael Wells <mcwellsphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 13:51:49 -0600

All,

While this waterfall is not called 'Bridal Veil' you can certainly see how
they get that name. This is Battle Creek Falls, I believe, it is found in
Pleasant Grove and is only a short walk from the parking area. On my way
back from the falls I passed hikers in age from under a year to those in
their 70's at least. I was up there early in the morning to beat the bright
glare of the sun. This waterfall is a bit unique in that there is a trail
that takes you up along the side of the canyon wall so you can see this
waterfall from the bottom, side and top. Most waterfalls your either looking
up at them or down. the posted pic is from the trail its 50-60' tall and
splits at the top. The camera was set at F25, ISO 100 and exposed for about
20 seconds I was using an ND filter to give me extra exposure time. Normally
I shoot these in RAW format but I forgot to switch the camera so it was shot
as a jpg and adjusted a bit in CS3.

Enjoy

Dr Z

--