[raspberry-vi] Re: Cepstral voices on a Pi?

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raspberry-vi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 10:21:37 +0000

Hi.
We considered porting the voices to vinux, but discovered that we would have to
write drivers specific to vinux using the cepstral SDK. Often with these
productz, you would first have to buy the SDK then pay for the voices also,
making the project very expensive. Finally, these voices are very resource
intense, but if there is little else running on the pi you may get away with
it. Also, would the voices run on an arm based device? It may be worth
contacting them if you are anxious to get it running and ask them what they
think.

Good luck and seasons greetings,

Mo.