[racktables-users] Re: survey: barcodes versus asset tags

  • From: Panagiotis Christias <p.christias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 17:15:09 +0300

Denis Ovsienko wrote:
To make the right decision, it is necessary to know, how you,
RackTables users, use these columns. Could you choose, which answer
describes your case best?

- I don't store values in either "barcode" or "asset tag" columns
- I store 1 value in "barcode" column only
- I store 1 value in "asset tag" column only
- I store values in both "barcode" and "asset tag" columns, they are
  different
- I always store the same value in both "barcode" and "asset tag"
  columns

We do not use the "barcode" column at all and since we do not have any official asset accounting system (shame on us..) we copy the "label" value into the "asset tag" column.

Regards,
Panagiotis

--
Panagiotis J. Christias    Network Management Center
p.christias@xxxxxxxxxxx    National Technical Univ. of Athens, GREECE