[racktables-users] Re: bulk upload ???

  • From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:32:46 +0100

I wrote some basic BASH scripts to generate MySQL INSERT statements that
create ports for my devices (I added a bunch of devices before setting
AutoPorts).  I could have done the same thing to INSERT into RackObjects
instead.  Export to CSV, write BASH or Perl or PHP to generate the statements,
and let them fly.  In my case I generated, then pasted the statements into
phpMyAdmin, but I could have just as easily used the mysql command line or php
to do the work as well.

As someone else said, that left the matter of adding the port relationships,
which so far I've done by hand.  I recommend an intern.  :)

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy
action."