[racktables-users] Searching on Dictionary Terms (Attributes)

  • From: "Gilmore, Justin (LNG-SEA)" <justin.gilmore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 17:55:26 -0700

[Using Racktables version:  0.17.2]

Is there a way to search and filter by Dictionary terms (Attributes)
instead of using Tags?  In  trying to avoid tags getting out of control
we have created properties in Dictionaries, however so far we are not
finding a way to search and filter on these attributes?

For example, searching "Cisco" does not return any results, even though
we have Objects with HW Type set to Cisco.

All I have found so far related to this matter is ticket:
http://racktables.org/trac/ticket/20 "all DB records should be
searchable"  which looks to be closed.

Thanks in advance for any pointers on searching via attributes.

-Justin Gilmore