[racktables-users] Re: Items for the wish list.

  • From: infrastation@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 19:52:51 +0400

15.06.2010, 16:30, "Michael Tiernan" <mtiernan@xxxxxxx>:
> May I suggest that this be added to the wish list for racktables.
>
> When editing the ports of an object (in this case a server) I've affixed
> the "Local name" of "eth0" to the first port. Now, when editing the IPV4
> allocation I'd "prefer" that the "Local name" of ports be fixed, maybe
> as a pulldown of the available ports.

The matter is, on Ports the object has its "sockets" listed, even those, which
cannot transmit any data. And the "IPv4" tab refers to object's internal names
of IP interfaces, which may be related to real sockets in an odd way. So it was
left this way, when it was designed. May be, someone will arrange this in a
cleaner way one day.

--
    Denis Ovsienko