[pythonvis] Windows Defender and Python

  • From: "Rich De Steno" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ironrock" for DMARC)
  • To: pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 18:03:28 -0400

I recently created and distributed to friends, several programs written in Python 3.8.?? I used Pyinstaller on the script and created a zip file of the necessary folders and files.?? The users only needed to unzip the file and start the program.?? This worked flawlessly with most people, but a few people had the programs blocked by Windows Defender.?? I then had to guide them through the process of excluding the folder from Windows Defender's grasp. Are any of you aware of anything I can do to the distribution package that will totally eliminate this false positive from Defender?

--
Rich De Steno

List web page is //www.freelists.org/webpage/pythonvis