[python] Re: your Jetrike

  • From: Henry Thomas <whpthomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 19:47:14 +1000

Rhisiart Gwilym wrote:

If you are looking for a proven FWD trike design that will haul stuff about, there is a company in the US called Organic Engines http://organicengines.com/ that has a trike they call the SUV, I have attached some photos. It seems to have no trouble hauling big loads.

Thanks for those pictures, Henry.

I have a question about the Organic Engines SUV, that I can't resolve by looking at the pictures (can't get it to blow up for a closer look). It seems that the rider is sitting on the front end, in front of the pivot BB. Is that right? Does he steer by leaning? Does anyone know any more about the SUV?
They have a gallery page, with more photo's on the site,

http://organicengines.com/lazy-index.php?file=SUV_and_Pedicab/SUV_in_Action/

I found one that had a good vantage point that was large, and have cropped and attached it. Looking at this image, the trike appears to have negative trail with the pivot running down the strut behind the rider. Looks like they used rod ends for the pivot. The front end where the rider is seated pivots, so they steer by leaning.

Maybe you should email them and ask if they would be willing to provide you with some details.

-h

JPEG image