[python] Re: rubber pivot

  • From: olaf <noll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 11:26:56 +0100

On Friday, February 4, 2005, at 12:33 PM, Jürgen Mages wrote:

Have you seen the Resatec products at
www.resatec.ch/index.html

No. Completely new to me. Thanks! I will contact them, and ask for their opinion. Maybe I can get some parts for free.

Looking at the Gummifederelement Typ LTS it strikes me that it would also make a small and inconspicuous suspension!

The initial idea was to use a very thick (2 cm) rubber plate, which should be able to stand the vertical shearing stress.

Since we are dealing not only with vertical and lateral forces but also the directions in between, isn't there a risk that the ride would be sort of "rubberish"?

The Resatec's advantage is that it "locks" the motion into one direction.

olaf

The fastening will be similar to the one in the attachment (initially P1 had a steering damper, like flevo and airbike, until I found out that it is useless). Of course the rubber plate should be much stronger than the one in the picture.

Jürgen.
<P1 Rubber Plate.jpg>