[python] rubber pivot

  • From: olaf <noll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 23:14:18 +0100

On Thursday, February 3, 2005, at 10:11 PM, Jürgen Mages wrote:

Jürgen Maier once had the interesting idea of using a 10x5x2 cm
rubber block instead of the steering pivot. I really want to try this
out soon. It might add some front suspension, save weight,
substitutes the steering stop and is waterproof.

Hi Jürgen, this is an interesting subject!

Have you seen the Resatec products at

www.resatec.ch/index.html

(download the catalogue)

I especially find the Gummifederelement Typ LTS interesting.

• would it hold for the axial/vertical load?
• will 32° turning to each side be sufficient?
• how do you attach it? obviously you can't weld it
• and if all other problems are solved, which model would be best? How much torque would be appropriate?

olaf