[python] rear breaks

  • From: Gavin Katts <gav@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 17:31:25 +0200

Hi Olaf

I see what you mean about the rear wheel lock-up. I took some time off
work to go riding today. Actually I took the whole day off. On my way
home it started raining again. Because of my low speed
traveling/crawling the breaks worked fine on the tarred roads. When I
hit the muddy sections all hell broke loose. I cannot travel too slow
because of the dogs, and the slightest squeeze on the break lever sent
the bike skidding. Instead of removing the rear brakes I was thinking of
fitting a front as well still with the single lever, but splitting up
the break force so that the rear only utilizes 30% and the front 70%.
The rear should also come into play a little bit before the front, just
to slow her down a little. I want to use calipers up front because i
think that the cantilevers are way too powerful. Also, what effect front
and rear suspension has on monty`s handling. I want to use her more
often now. If I do increase the wheel base a little on my next bike,
would it make the bike feel less twitchy.

Thanks
Gavin