[python] 500 km

  • From: "Thorsten Borm" <t.borm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 21:10:38 +0200

Today my bike computer shows 500 km.
Yesterday I did a 40 km tour with an average speed of 20 km/h. I like at
most a cruising speed of 23 - 25 km/h. It is a great pleasure to see
other bikers fighting against the wind. On the Python there is really
almost no influence and I can easy overtake all uprights. Unfortunately
there is not the totally save feeling on the bike yet. It is always
exciting because it seems not possible to ride an exact straight line.
Nevertheless on my tour I had no problems with narrow bike paths or
other tricky situations. Only one car driver was a little frightened
because he had seen me very lately coming up to the road although I use
a very strong LED light and a red-white flag.
A few days ago I removed the handle bars from the front part of the bike
and fixed a small one at the middle part. I recognized that I never used
the handle bars to steer the bike last time. So I think it is an
unnecessarily weight at the front part that works against the self
centring effect. At the new position it served for rest the hands and it
helps to have a better contact to my body at rough roads.
The only thing to do is to paint the frame. Perhaps someone has a few
ideas how to do that easy and with a good result?

Thorsten