[python] new seat construction

  • From: Ray Schumacher <mtb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 07:57:05 -0700

I started with a seat idea posted here, then failed to heat-bend the thin plywood - it is too wide (I did it for my guitar http://rjs.org/guitar/bottom_and_bracing.JPG with hot water and a torch)
I then relieved one side and weighted it to the rails.
I started over, creating rails by adding curves to a flat-sided seat shape, so it would fit my torso exactly.
In http://rjs.org/recumbents/images/
I uploaded some new pics of the new seat, like:
http://rjs.org/recumbents/images/seatPi16b.jpg
where the 1/8" skin is weighted down to the rails with convenient objects, and
http://rjs.org/recumbents/images/LWB_lab_test.jpg
with it in place and being inspected.
I'm going to add one layer of glass/resin to each side.

BTW, I purchased William Patterson's book "The Lords of the Chainring" and found it very interesting for SWB and LWB recumbent design, but no attempts at analysis of center-pivot designs.

Ray