[python] Re: photos progress new python

  • From: Rhisiart Gwilym <Rhisiart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 01:34:56 +0100

Hej Dirk!

Really nice idea, from the picture with your little chick on board. I shall be absolutely fascinated to hear/see how it rides, and if it's a good practical idea.

My partner sometimes jokes that she suffers from 'Multiple-Horse Syndrome'. And I think that I've now pretty definitely contracted a case of Multiple-Python Syndrome:

Already planning a try-out variant on Dennis Renner's almost-FWDRWS design (really, I think, a centre-steer with the pivot right at the back end of the feasible range, and with the rider sitting on the front part; so really half-way to the RWS holy grail of bikers).

And I've grown so used to being able to sling all sorts of bulky or heavy freight -- even kid passengers occasionally -- on my home-made heavy-duty carrier on my ATB that I really want to be able to do the same on a Python. But a bike rather than a trike; I know that there are proven load-carrying trikes around already. But when all's said, the bike is still the purest, lightest form of all.

So I'll be watching the results with this new one really avidly. Like you, I'm car-free now, and aiming to stay that way permanently. Does anyone else share the sense of real liberation that I've had since I got rid of my last-ever car....?

Hwyl fawr,  RhG