[python] baby python deceased

  • From: Dirk Bonné <dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:40:07 +0200

Hi pythoneers,

well after 5 years of trusty service and 30000+ km of use my bike
finally cracked :-(

It happenedn not very spectacular: while riding I first thought the
pedals were a little near, then I shifted in the seat to get a little
higher and get more distance between me and my pedals, and the next
thing I was sitting much much lower then usual and had a lot of room for
my legs... I attached a photo. The crack is on both sides. It appears
that it had partially cracked a long time ago, because a part of the
inside edges are rusted. I guess the rest of the material that was
holding the bike has sheered of by fatigue. The originally cracking on
the inside are not all that strange as these had been CO2 welded, my
first ever try at welding...

Very irritating because I really depend on that bike to get me
everywhere - no car and my upright got stolen a some time ago and I
never bothered to by a new upright.

It is also very irritating because I am in the process of building a new
one but I am not ready yet (I guess I really knew my current bike was
going to break sooner or later).

groet,
Dirk

JPEG image