[python] Re: baby python deceased

  • From: Dirk Bonné <dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:25:44 +0200

Hi Gideon,

thank you for your kind words. Although I could laugh at the situation I
was in a really bad mood yesterday after what happened. The finishing of
the baby python was not perfect (joking, it is actually awful), I really
liked the design and the looks of the bike!

Repairing the bike could probably be done but it would mean a lot of
work. I would have to replace frame part that runs from pivot to wheel
axle. That is a lot of work, and I do still have my upright tandem
still, and my wifes bike (but that is used a lot by her). Furthermore I
got an alleweder. Now that I write this, I see I have a lot of choice
and nothing to complain about!

8000km was really not very long distance! My homebuild flevo racer had a
lot more kms without cracking at all (I had at least 12000km/year and,I
believe, I rode from '98 until '03 on that bike), but I had done a much
better and careful job at building it. I even had it painted (done by
Serge aka birdcage).

groet,
Dirk