[python] Re: more directionstability due mistake.

  • From: Ray Schumacher <mtb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 15:40:02 -0800

Hi Keon,

Nice start!

At 12:27 PM 11/19/2005, you wrote:
And both thought that the mistake I made according to the Pythonconstructionmanual (telling that hips have to be over hinge) made the bike more stable in direction. I thought that my legmovements were directed into direction movement much quicker than with my bike.

That´s interesting. I am always wondering about the criteria for minimizing steering interferences.

With the smaller wheel it seems that one can get away with much more of the movement which would cause your legs to rub on the 26".
What is the trail? It looks very small to me.

Problem is that both you and Marc are beginners in learning
to ride this bike. So it will be hard to make an objective statement
about steering interferences.

The flip side is that once we learn anything, we are biased by the learning. Tests have always shown elliptical chainrings to be more energy efficient for recreational riders, but little value for experienced pros, who also don't like the "feel".

But ... I guess I will just keep it as a fun-bike for the students here.

Kids usually love the python because it looks so cool, but they loose interest quite fast when they try to ride it ;-)

I had some kids recently stop and say "ooo, cool! Do a skid!" so of course I did. None were tall enough to reach the pedals when sitting on it.

Ray