[python] Re: more directionstability due mistake.

  • From: Olaf Johansson <noll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:24:36 +0100

On 20 nov 2005, at 22.34, Koen Van de Kerckhove wrote:

Dirk,

I have two Pythons. One with the hinge at hips (proto 07) and the other with that distance between them (proto 06). I learned to ride Python with the latter. When I ride the one with the hips at the "right" place, it feels like I am continiously needing to correct my direction. The 06 feels more stable.

Well, it is just a feeling. But I don't want to push the item further without somebodies elses opinion on similar bikes.

The 06 has a trail of 10 to 11 cm. The 07 has the same distance. So it is not the trail. Might be that the weight in front of the wheel is larger with 07. That could also lead to a difference in steering. But ... I guess it would not be so high a difference. Dirk, just try to build another backbone for your own Python if the rear is demountable. Or ... suggest it to Olaf. His Monty can be parted. A quickly build rear part could give you the chance to test it.

AAAARGHHH. I am thinking too fast. If you place a longer rear part, ... how can you touch the pedals? Yet, that was a mistake I just see now. Olaf, how fast can you weld a new Python? ;^)

About six months. Will that do?

olaf