[python] Re: more directionstability due mistake.

  • From: Dirk Bonne <dirk_bonne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:01:41 +0100

On 11/20/2005 12:40 AM, Ray Schumacher wrote:

> Hi Keon,
>
> Nice start!
>
> At 12:27 PM 11/19/2005, you wrote:
>
>>> And both thought that the mistake I made according to the
>>> Pythonconstructionmanual (telling that hips have to be over hinge)
>>> made the bike more stable in direction. I thought that my
>>> legmovements were directed into direction movement much quicker than
>>> with my bike.
>>

>> That´s interesting. I am always wondering about the criteria
>> for minimizing steering interferences.
>

> With the smaller wheel it seems that one can get away with much more
> of the movement which would cause your legs to rub on the 26".
> What is the trail? It looks very small to me.
>
>> Problem is that both you and Marc are beginners in learning
>> to ride this bike. So it will be hard to make an objective statement
>> about steering interferences.
>

> The flip side is that once we learn anything, we are biased by the
> learning. Tests have always shown elliptical chainrings to be more
> energy efficient for recreational riders, but little value for
> experienced pros, who also don't like the "feel".

Amen. Exactly what I think. I didn't like much Marc's bike being
different from mine (the trail being 2 or 3 cms more). When starting
from stillstand on his bike I sometimes swayed, had an overshoot.
Instead with my own bike I have "complete" control. But if Marc invests
the time he will get used to his own bike, and think mine is bad.
...well thats what I hope for!

Dirk