[python] Re: freecad

  • From: "Pasi Pärnänen" <vattuvarg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 17:28:36 +0200

Jens Köchling:
I just found this free CAD-Software with motion simulation. It is available for
Win,
Linux and Mac Os. :)

It could be useful to simulate python physics.

Hello,

I do most of my "brainstorming" and art in Blender, because it's quite
easy to work with. Blender is  a game constructor, complete with
modeller, skeletons and scripting, which means that all sorts of
physics stuff is available, but i usually just use the modeller and
rendering.

Blender started out as commercial software but is open-sourced
nowadays (which means it's a free download) and has good
documentation, including free video tutorials.

Find more info at http://www.blender.org/
...and remember that blender isn't CAD, but pretty close.

-- Pasi
planning my own python