[python] frame geometry and pivot angle

  • From: Mike Power <mpower.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 03:22:18 -0700

I assume based on what I have read that the pivot angle is the angle from the ground to the axis of the hinge.

Does it matter if the pivot angle is measured from the front of the bike versus the back? To put it another way does it matter if the hinge leans forward or backward?

I see most pythons with the hinge leaning backwards and I had designs with the hinge leaning forward. I am concerned that would affect the physics of the bike.

Mike Power