[python] Re: Trikes with Duschar joint

  • From: Gerald <bepb@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 20:00:48 +0100

Hi,
I actually dont understand how the Duschar joint works. Well, yes I understand about the hinge and the rubber block, but with your body weight above the joint, would you not actually tilt outward?

Gerald

On 16.3.12 22:08 , Jürgen Mages wrote:
I received new photos of two trikes, both built with Duschar joint tilting mechanism.

I tried the one built by Gabriel und it was very pleasant: Normal riding feels like a python but slow riding and skidding is failsafe like a trike. Seems like this is the way to go when building a python trike ...

Also: The joint mechanics seems quite stable. No visible wear or cracks despite everyday winter commuting and child transportation.

Pictures here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/python_uploads/page1/