[python] Re: frame flexibility

  • From: "Torben Scheel" <torben@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 16:22:59 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Dirk Bonne <dirk_bonne@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:03:01 +0100
Subject: [python] Re: frame flexibility

> Jürgen Mages wrote:
> > Hi Dirk,
> >
> > at first glance I would blame this on the 30x10x1 tubing.
>
> If it were only true! It is 30x10x1.5 :-)
>
> > Does Torben, who uses the same material has flexing?
>
> yes, please, test it out!

I have extensive "flexing" from the flevopivot mount to the rear frame
clip-mounted), so I can't determine if anything else are flexing until that
is fixed. I would suspect the Dirk's pivot (the flat plates) after seeing
his weldings (good!). On my bike the rear fork (a pleonasm? The fork!) is
the weakest point - I'm fixing that with 10*10*1 tubing from dropouts to
seatmount. I'm going to make a tube that fits the flevoaxel exactly in a
lathe, and braze it in the rear frame, but maybe I can't eliminate every
last bit of flexing. I wonder if flevobike have the same problem - I used
mild steel and the flevo way with enforcements plates :
http://www.hpv-klub.dk/selvbygger/Flevoracer/e-fr09.gif - the holes in the
rear frame are bound to be eliptical in time.

Cheers'
Torben