[python] Re: frame flexibility

  • From: Dirk Bonne <dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:46:22 +0100

Hi all,

I just point-welded -as an experiment- another 30x30x1.5 under the rear tube. The rear tube was already a 30x30x1.5... So the total height is now 60mm.

The frame stiffness has become much better! 8-o

Before welding that tube onto it, I put the whole bike in the bench-vice, I could visually see the tube bending when I applied presure on the BB. I would never have expected that a 30x30x1.5 tube like that would bend so much.

Well not all flexibility has gone, but it is much better. I still hope to be able to remove the rest, but I have first to find out where it is coming from.

The 30x30x1.5 that I now welded on isn't going to stay there. I plan to replace it with a seat-stay tube about 50mm below the main tube.

Dirk

Dirk Bonne wrote: