[python] Re: brazing aluminum ??

  • From: Harry Netwood <hnetwood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 16:58:38 -0800 (PST)

Brian, If I were you I'd find a freind who knows how to weld steal, a mig
welder with gas is the best way to go but oxy-seteleen is cheeper, you can make
a light bike out of steel, just choose you metal cearfully, You can use a lot
thinner meatel with steel than you can with aluminum, What I do with my
Brother-in-law is cut,sand, prep. every thing, put it all in place, all he has
to do is weld, that way I'm not wasting much of his time, i clean it all up
after too-& his tool/work area ,,  I'm going to start on my first python vary
soon, I'll post the pictures/procedures after,   I'm makeing a 'el-chepo'
version , Wall-Mart is selling a 26" men's mt. bike , 18 speed, for $39.99
can't beat that price, That's where I'll start,  Have a good x-mass.  Rick in
CA.

brian smith <briannsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Rick,
Thanks for the input.
I'm a long time cyclist ....... well over 100,000 miles in 70 years and
15,000 in the past 4 on a Actionbent understeer recumbent........ which
serves my purposes superbly ....... but for no good reason i hanker for
a python ....... and with limited workshop and zero welding experience
I am making futile ventures into dreaming of a practical way to get a
python up and running.
Whatever I'm very grateful for your positive note
Warmest regards
Brian