[python] Re: brazing aluminum ??

  • From: Ronald Hongsermeier <rwhongser@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 23:57:48 +0100

The key is the melt point of the rod. They say there is no flux involved, it is
a metallurgical trick containing nine different metal alloys. They say the melt
point is c. 500 ° F lower than aluminum, that's what makes the thing they do
with the pop can on the video possible. I wish I could borrow one of the
airport fire dept.'s heat detectors to experiment with... Maybe sometime on
night shift sometime next year. <shrug>

regards,
ron