[python] Re: another newcomer

  • From: Henry Thomas <whpthomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 23:34:34 +1000

dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx wrote:

I read the opposite out of this paragraph and thus no contradiction. The supple rubber compounds are better. The stelvio material is stiffer and also has a worse performance.
You are right, bit tired zZzz. Re-reading this, it seems counter intuitive, higher pressure is better, but so is softer rubber.

What I think is interesting is that extreme height differences between seat / BB are not needed. From 15 -> 25cm is no much different in power. So you can just as well use 15cms (more ergonomic). note, the measurement was made for seat angle of 21degrees.

Yes, I read that too, and 15cm is a nice height.

After reading this, I am wondering now if I should tilt my Jetrike seat back another 10° from 30° to 20°. It is tempting given their reported efficiency gains achieved in lowering wind resistance. I am also looking at making a fabric luggage compartment on the back that doubles as a splitter plane faring.

If my trike works as I hope, I am going to enter it into a race at work later in the year. So I want it to be as fast on the flat as it can be...

-h