[python] Vedr.: Re: another newcomer

  • From: Rasmus Emil Møller <aer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:35:38 +0100

dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx
Sendt af: python-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
24-01-2007 14:14
Besvar venligst til
python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Til
python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Emne
[python] Re: another newcomer

Henry Thomas wrote:
dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx wrote:
FYI: there has been documented measurements related to this. Check out
this pdf:

    http://www.ligfiets.net/redactie/meetligfietsengels.pdf

Dirk
Dirk, thanks for sharing this with us, it was a very interesting read.
There isn't a lot of test data like this that I have found which is
specifically dealing with recumbent.

I am a bit confused about the tires. As I read it, larger rims (26") and
firmer rubber compounds are better at higher pressures (110psi). However I
thought that the Specialized Fat Boy was softer than the Schwalbe Stelvio
Kevlar, or is that not the case.

I read the opposite out of this paragraph and thus no contradiction. The
supple rubber compounds are better. The stelvio material is stiffer and
also has a worse performance.

What I think is interesting is that extreme height differences between
seat / BB are not needed. From 15 -> 25cm is no much different in power.
So you can just as well use 15cms (more ergonomic). note, the measurement
was made for seat angle of 21degrees.

Dirk

Well, I don't remember exactly where, but I read that given the SAME air
pressure, a wider tire will deform less, as the weight is distributed over
a larger area contact patch. The rubber itself does not account for much
rolling resistance. However, usually the large rims are used with less
pressure to obtain a smoother ride, better shock absorption or better grip
for off-road uses.

Rasmus Møller

JPEG image